Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just a little crazy

We're about to go into a crazy period here in JoeyWorld and AndyLand. My apologies if this results in spotty blogging. There are only 24 hour in a day.

I start back to teaching this week. Two sections online. Next week, I have a live double section. I love teaching live courses. Online ones, not so good. Online students have no qualms sending nasty emails- after all, they never see you, so you're just the faceless Establishment. Why put on a respectful face?

Then the boys start school. Joey starts on the 4th. Andy starts on the 11th. Let's hear it for school! Shame its a game of Russian Roulette. And I always miss my Joey- now I'll be missing my Andy, too. My boys are getting all grown up!

And now my mom is being told she has to have her gall bladder out now, now, now. I had mine out right after Joey was born (I was still in the maternity ward when it went bad- they forget to tell you how prevalent it is for recently pregnant women to have gall stones), so I suspect it will be at least a week before she'll be able to do things like walk around the house by herself, much less make food and take her sugar numbers. She has her first meeting with the surgeon on Tuesday.

So if I seem a little battier than usual...

1 comment:

Niksmom said...

Wow, hope your mom is OK. I think this is "batty" time of year for most of us. School starts here tomorrow...I've been bummed all day. Spent all evening writing the millino and one letters/notes to follow up on school stuff that I should/could have written at my leisure...but I've been in denial about Nik having to actually go to school. Sigh... Oh, yeah, and we've done the floor thing, too!