Thursday, August 16, 2007

Prepping for a trip

I have to go to NJ this weekend for work. I have a great job. I get to work at home most of the time- but twice a year, I have to go to NJ. I always worry when I go away. Its not that Allan can't take care of the kids, or anything like that, but I know Joey gets off-kilter. Even more, I miss my guys.

I do try my best to do some recharging in NJ. The food is usually pretty good, and I don't have to cook it. ;) Sometimes I get a single room, which is much nicer, but I usualy have a room-mate, which can really suck. :P I'm hoping to get my syllabi together. We'll see.

Bu there will me no boys to squish. No little diaper-free butts to pat. No lollipops to fetch. No goodnight kisses.

I hate traveling.

4 comments:

kristina said...

Hope you can get a bit of rest-----I am very bad at doing this when I travel away. Being in NJ myself, if you are anywhere near the Shore, let me know....... kristina AT b5media DOT com.

Niksmom said...

Oh, I know the ache you are describing. The ONE time I had to spend the night away from Nik and Niksdad, I was homesick! Hope you can connect with Kristina and any other Jersey moms while you are there. :-)

bigwhitehat said...

Godspeed.

Club 166 said...

Try to relax, and have a little bit of fun every day.

Joe