Monday, December 10, 2007
Once upon a time, I was tagged for a meme. I didn't forget, I just have been very, very grumpy. So ok, mcewen, you got me. Here's the meme:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here it is:
1. Once upon a time when I was young, I played the baritone. Actually, I played the euphonium, but most folks don't know what that is. In fact, an awful lot of folks have no idea what a baritone is, either. But I loved it, and wish I still played it. I also played the flute and the valve trombone (that not the one with the slide; it looks kinda like an oversized trumpet, and is used for some marching bands, so you don't whack folks in the head with a slide).
2. I collect Christmas ornaments. I have both a silver collection and a blown glass collection, seperate from the rest of the tree ornaments. I display them in garlands over the doors. Keeps little finger and little kitty paws off them.
3. I like bleu cheese, sauerkraut, and winter squash. I liked none of these things when I was young. My parents still do not believe I eat them.
4. My ideal evening right now would be to curl up on the couch with a fire in teh fireplace, and with a fresca, a bowl of mint ice cream, and three boys, watching five different versions of A Christmas Carol. Usually, I would want to be watching either Buckaroo Bonzai Across the Eighth Dimension, Time Bandits, and Life With Father followed by the entire extended- version Lord of the Rings. I dislike watching new movies, especially in theaters. I tedn to get very high fevers. My favorite version of A Christmas Carol is the 1934 Scrooge with Sir Seymour Hicks, closely followed by Patrick Stewart (1999), George C. Scott (1984) and the Muppets (1992). I strongly dislike the Alastair Sim versions, which will get me hatemail, but you wanted facts.
5. I adore Jane Eyre. I dislike Wuthering Heights. This will also win me hatemail, but I just don't get a "love" story where a bitch and a bastard can't get it together and destroy all the lives around them in the process. That's not love, people. That's being selfish jerks. (Did I mention that I'm feeling grumpy?) Jane sticks to her principles of right and wrong and creates her own happiness. Much more satisfactory.
6. When I was little, I always wanted my own goat. So when I got a little older, my folks got me goats. I miss my goats, though I have no idea how I would find time to care for one now. When I went to college, my poor mom had to take care of them for me. She's really good with animals.
7. I taught myself to knit in three hours. I arrived for my GD test for Andy with a kit and instruction sheet, and left with five inches of scarf. The nurses were in hysterics when they realized what I was doing. But hey, when youre going to be sitting somewhere for three hours, what would you do? With Joey, I did needlepoint kits. I had to do two three-hour tests with him. The nurses at the lab thought that was funny, too (who's ever heard of having to take TWO?)
I'd tag, but this time of the year, who has time? So if you'd like to join in the fun, please do; or store it for later, when you're not in the midst of holiday craziness.
I hear Andy stirring. I'd better go help him get dressed... thanks for sharing this moment of quiet in my house!