Friday, January 11, 2008

And the baby sleeps in

Gotta love it...

So while I have this silent minute, I shall share it with you. Peace. Quiet. Why am I not napping?

Our dilemma this week is Andy and school. We looked at a school yesterday- it was ok, had lots of space for him to run, lots of movement. I was looking for the fall, but they have a space right now. As in, he could start on Monday.

This was unexpected. Most schools have long waiting lists, and this school is famous for having a long waiting list. Do I try to scrounge up the $200 and send him right now, or do I stick to the original plan of trying to work some extra hours to raise up the money to send him in the fall?

I will be looking at other fall schools, too. I'd like to get him prepped for kindergarden, and this school isn't the most academically-oriented school in town. However, I'm not sure which one is, and we still need to be sure we have a good fit for Andy. the best school on the planet is useless if Andy isn't happy there.

He sleeps on.

3 comments:

Casdok said...

Id go with your gut feelings on this one.

kristina said...

Has Joey seen the school year? What will he do if he does not go?

Stimey said...

I agree that you have to go with your gut feelings when it comes to sending your child to school. But I also feel that there is a lot of value in getting your child used to being in school even if it's not the most academic. And maybe a less academic setting may prepare him for a more academic preschool in the fall.

Either way, I'm going to do my part by trying to remember to buy the totebag from your shop that I keep meaning to. It'll get you a little closer to the $200, whether you send him or not! (I love me some totebags!)