Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Good Copy

Joey is studying animals at school. He was very fond of "herbivore", "carnivore", and "omnivore" the day I went to observe him at school. They now have moved on to include adaptations: hibernation, migration, camouflage, and mimicry.

One way they help the kids learn this stuff is to have them make "flip books." When I went in to give my little presentation, some of the books were posted on the wall. Here is Joey's:



Translation:

Hibernation*****Migration***** Camouflage*****Mimicry
***Bear**********caterpillar*****rattlesnake****Wiley Coyote

2 comments:

farmwifetwo said...

This kind of school work I enjoy. I hated the stuff that use to come home that the Teacher or EA did for him.... supposedly (doubtful) he told them what to write.

Excellent!!!

Especially Wiley :) My kids have just discovered these cartoons in the last year. Weren't interested before.

Kim Wombles said...

:-) Awesome!