Monday, February 06, 2012

Good Night, Susan

We have a blow here in our comfy corner of the internet. We lost WhyMommy today.

In this little corner, we don't have a big network of thousands passing through. I have about 50 regulars, and fewer who comment. I read only a handful of blogs myself. Toddler Planet was one of those. I wish I had been reading it longer, but its really only been a couple years. But Susan's blog is lovely, and strong, and funny, and... just like her. Full of love for those two little boys. Full of intelligence and eloquence and seriously, everything that this world needs a hell of a lot more of. And as she beautifully reminded us: it's not fair.

I never got to meet Susan. I never got my butt up to DC to go over and hug her. I've never met her boys. And I am sorry. With all my heart. I missed a fabulous woman.

Hugs to you all.





P.S. Please be aware of inflammatory breast cancer and be watching for the warning signs. This is a fast killer, and there is no lump to warn you of a problem. Discover more from the Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

2 comments:

Stimey said...

You didn't meet her in person, but you knew her through her blog. You knew a lot of her. Love to you.

Foxxy One said...

I'm sorry for the loss of another woman through IBC. I lost a dear friend a few years ago to this hideous disease. Saying a prayer for her family and for you.