Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is here! Woo-hoo!
I ran downtown and got one of the last copies available for the midnight madness. Very exciting. But I haven't gotten a chance to crack it open yet- working today. So here are ten things I hope are in this book:
1. I want a real nagini to come kick Nagini's butt. I know it won't happen. But I can dream. I still fume that Nagini is not a cobra.
2. I want Snape to turn out to be a complicated good guy. He's such a delicious character, I'll be really disappointed if she flattens him out and makes him evil.
3. More centaurs, giants, and house-elfs. I want to see the magical world filled with more than just us, and have them have their own struggles with good and evil.
4. I want Ron, Hermione, and Harry to live.
5. I want to know more about the curse that killed Dumbledore's hand. Was he turning into something really bad? Or was it just killing him?
6. I want Molly Weasley to go medieval on somebody's butt. She must be a pretty powerful witch, but we haven't really seen any of it. Ditto for McGonagal.
7. I want to know what Dudley was sweating bullets about when he was attacked by the dementor. What was his worst memory?
8. I want lots and lots more about Lily Potter, and when James learns not to be a little twit.
9. I want to know what happened to Ollivander.
10. I'd like more about Slughorn and the Slytherins. I'd like those shades of grey clarified- being a Slytherin is not being evil, but ambitious and self-serving.
Here's to J.K. Rowling, and the world of Hogwarts!