Ok, Stimey. I'll bite.
8 Things I am Passionate About:
2. South Asian art and culture.
3. Individualized education.
4. Raising my children (not just letting them grow up).
5. History and wildlife conservation.
7. Crabs and beer.
8. Spreading smiles. (Ever just walk around a store smiling at people to see if they stop looking so sour?)
8 Things I Say Often:
2. Oh my goodness.
3. Good job, Buddy!
4. You are going to drive me NUTS.
5. *disdainful grunt at hearing something absolutely ridiculous*
6. What did I come in here for?/I can't remember why I came in here.
8. Squish a boy!!!
8 Books I have Read Recently:
1. Harry Potter (I just lump them all together...)
2. The Lord of the RIngs (again, I just lump them all together...)
3. Jane Eyre (it doesn't say "for the first time" after all...)
4. North American Indian Art
5. The Camel Who Took A Walk
6. The First Thanksgiving
7. Franklin Stays Up
8. Where the Wild Things Are
Oh, don't bedtime stories count? I don;t get much time for reading...
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. See the Minakshi Temple in Madurai.
2. Start a local school dedicated to individualized education offering services in an inclusive setting.
3. Pay off my credit cards.
4. Go to my daughter's wedding. [Note that I do not currently have a daughter.]
5. Open an herb farm. On 1000 acres With a potter's wheel. Oh, and learn to use said potter's wheel.
6. Write a book about my grandmother and her painting career.
7. Meet the Dalai Lama.
8. Win the lottery, a really big one, to fund all these cool projects.
8 Songs I could listen to over and over:
1. The Good, by Rachel Coleman.
2. A Thousand Years, by Sting
3. Take On Me by A-Ha
4. I'm Alrght by Kenny Loggins
5. No Myth by Michael Penn
6. Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn
7. Quinn the Eskimo by Bob Dylan
8. Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie
I could go on. But this is todays list.
8 Things That Attract me to my Best Friends:
1. Ability to call each and every one of them at 4 am if the need arose.
2. Quirk of character. Normal people are boring.
3. Strength of presence.
4. Ability to laugh... no matter what.
5. Acceptance. After all, I'm a nutcase.
6. Connection. Most folks are so closed off, they just can't connect. At least I can't seem to connect and plug into them.
7. Familiarity. I don't have to put on my Sunday Manners. Makes putting on Sunday Manners all that much more fun.
8. Willingness to share interests. I don't mind folsk who don't have common interests with me, but Ido like to know about them and what they find interesting, and why!
8 People Who Should Totally Do This Meme:
1. The bored person.
2. The blogger with no material for the day.
3. The person who likes memes.
4. The folks who feel they have an interesting list to reply with.
5. Someone who likes to "shift" memes to add interesting new twists.
6. A personwho has never done a meme before.
7. Somebody trying to look busy at work.