Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of School: First Grade

We take a break from our vacation stories to note that today, I am the Mother of a First-Grader. Joey got up, dressed, packed with breakfast (yogurt and sugar-free snack cake), lunch he made himself (ham and cheese roll-up with grapes and broccoli), and snack (sugar-free Capri Sun water thing and sugar-free Jell-o). Oh, and some cash for milk. I think I did OK. Now I can feed him a snack when I pick him up for speech therapy, and a nice dinner, and not worry that I am over-feeding him.


We are going to be doing some experimenting with his placement this year, putting him in a "regular" reading group, and then later in a math group. So he'll have three teachers this year- actually 4, because the inclusion room has two teachers, a regular ed and a special ed.


I miss him already.

5 comments:

Niksmom said...

Wow, a first grader! Sounds like you did a great job on his meals, too! :-)
He looks so excited to be getting on the bus; how adorable is he?!

little.birdy said...

What a charmer! I miss him still.:) I've really been enjoying the vacation photos; that boat ride sounds very family-friendly and well-structured for young ones.

Osh said...

He looks so happy!

My little first grader started high school today.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love how happy he looks. :)

Stimey said...

So cute!

Jack also has a gajillion teachers. I think he might be confused. Does Joey ever have that problem?