Monday, November 05, 2007

Planning an Adventure

Tomorrow is an exciting day. It's Election Day... which means, in Virginia, kids don't have school. I will have my Joey home all day long! So it is time to plan an Adventure!

So tomorrow I will pack my two guys into a car, and head off into the Great Wide Open, hopefully with Grandma kidnapped and safely stowed in the front seat. The world shall be our oyster. Adventure awaits.

The current plan is to take the boys up to DC to see the dinosaurs again. We usually do something new, but we do have to be back for a 3:30 speech appointment, so i kinda need to have an idea of where we are going and how long it will take to get back. This time, I hope to remember to take the camera. I keep forgetting it. I want a shot of Andy's face looking up at a real T-Rex. I want some footage of Joey watching the little video abotu fish mouth evolution. I want to buy overpriced sodas and cookies and eat them in a little cafe with fossils displayed in the tables. It's just one of those things.

But you never know with Adventures. Perhaps we will find something Completely New. Maybe I can entice them into the botanical gardens, or Air and Space. Maybe we'll take a wrong turn and end up at the zoo. Or the children's farm at Oxon Hill. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Maddy said...

That is an adventure! Generally we don't do too well on 'new,' we prefer the 'same adventure.' Glad you plan to kidnap Grandma!
Cheers

Stimey said...

You sound like such a good mom. I hope you had fun on your adventure!

Casdok said...

Yes take the camera! WE would like to see what you got up to!