Monday, March 08, 2010

My Mommy Sense Was Tingling

OK, ever have that moment when you're thinking, Well, the child has a cold, but there's something just not quite right about this, but if I take them to a doctor, they're going to tell me I'm nuts because the fever will be gone by the time we get there, as it always is, and maybe what I think is a rash is really just too-small clothes and teeter on the brink of taking the child or not? And then you decide to take the child, because its better to be laughed at and have it be a false alarm than to ignore your Parent Sense and have it be serious?

Yeah, I'm having one of those days. What's even funnier is that when we got there, and the PA saw him, she was confused by the rash, which is localized. She peeked in his throat that Andy says isn't sore, and decided it was just a little redder than she liked, and so they took a swab, just to be on the safe side... in other words, her Doctor Sense was in tune with my Mommy Sense, even though Andy perked up and had no fever.

Yep. He's got strep. Who knew? Glad I took him. Now we had medicine, and he can get on the mend.

3 comments:

Julia said...

I've had that experience. And had it be strep, even.

(The ear infection diagnosed on Christmas Eve, when said child insisted her ears didn't hurt, was another one.)

Kim Wombles said...

Had it today; my biggest garden girlie had a rash all over, so off to the doctor she went: strep.

TheWiredOne said...

I had that when I was 13. I was sick for a week and it was very unpleasant. I couldn't concentrate enough to read or do homework. I couldn't even watch TV or going on the computer because it gave me a headache. I hope the little guy is feeling better today.