Friday, December 03, 2010

Another Day Off, Not Going As Planned, Rocks Anyway


Well, I got something done.

You know its not going to go as planned when you start your day off by falling down the stairs. I was clearing pumpkins off the front porch (we had quite a collection), when I tripped and fell down the back deck steps. Pumpkins went everywhere. I ran inside, took some advils, and got some frozen peas on my knees. A few hours later I realized my knees seemed fine, even though I fell on them, it was my hip that was complaining. So I put frozen veggies on that. Now I realize I jammed my back. Great. But all in all, it could have been a lot worse.

The plan for the day was getting Christmas stuff up, round one. Mantle, kitchen shelf, and possibly the first garland. Two of those activities required ladders, and getting on a ladder by myself, having just fallen down the stairs, was not appealing. I got the mantle up, no problem, and some other Christmas knick-knacks went out. Then I remembered one of the light strings on my kitchen garland (the one with the cookie cutters) was kaput. So I settled myself in to pull that all apart. I got it strung with new lights, wired all the cutters back on, and I actually got that up.

Two out of three ain't bad. I probably should have gotten some stitching done a that point, but I got these things done with intermittent other things happening- an impromptu meeting with a publishing client, an email from school saying Joey was having a bad morning, building a fire (hey, I'm downstairs all day in this chilly weather, I'm having a fire!), and... would you believe it? a nap.

And I watched four versions of A Christmas Carol. With the nap, I call that a rockin' day. The back steps be darned.

2 comments:

Bullet said...

What a day for you.

Club 166 said...

Glad to hear that you're OK. Falling sucks.

Joe