Friday, April 01, 2016

On the First Day of April, My True Love Gave to Me...

Welcome to Autism Awareness Month. Yay. 


This is my Joey. Joey is autistic. 

He likes Mario Brothers, Star Wars, and cats. He loves music, art, and math. If you honk a car horn, he will giggle uncontrollably. He likes a young lady in his school, and wants to take her to the movies. He loves to cook, especially if it involves chocolate. His favorite sport is baseball, his favorite character is Buzz Lightyear, and his favorite color is green. 

Joey is a human being, just like you. 

 In fact, he is one of the awesomest human beings ever. One of the strongest people I have ever met. One of the kindest, most loyal, most thoughtful and empathetic people I have ever known. He wants to be perfect so that he can make his teachers and family proud, and happy, and hugged. He wants to make everybody feel better and laugh. 

He wants to make the world a better place. 

We love you, Buddy. 

Do you know who I am?
Do I know who you are?
See we one another clearly?
Do we know who we are?
(Harry Belafonte, Turn the World Around)

No comments: