Friday, June 12, 2009

Last Day of School

Well, here we are, at the end of another school year. Andy is having a water party today; Monday he starts at summer camp, and will go to Hazelwild five days per week. Joey has next week off. I am making big plans for doing a bunch of space stuff with him. We'll see how that goes.

After today, Joey leaves the first grade, and starts with the second grade. This is unusual; school years in Virginia technically run September-September, so he should be a first grader for three more months. We are putting him in with second graders for the first leg of summer school so he won't get bored and will get used to the new level of expected work. I hope that goes well. He met the teacher already, but I haven't. But what else do we expect from our Excellence in Reading and Excellence in Math boy?

So this is my last breath for a week. I expect to be having a lot of fun with Joey next week, a rare treat, no matter what we end up actually doing. I think I need to repair their pool and make sure I'm ready to go with summer... here at last!

No comments: