Friday, June 04, 2010

A little shine

Joey is going into third grade in the fall, and that means a new school, because our little system breaks up elementary into upper and lower. Yesterday was the Parent Orientation for the new school. Of course I went. Turned out to be something they could have emailed us, but whatever. I did get to see some folks, and I took Joey with me so he could see more of his new school.

But the best part was the slide with the mission statement (which I notice is not their official mission statement), some ramble about providing the kids the best possible education blah blah blah. And all I could think of was, "... unless we're waxing the floors that day."

And then connected that with Joey's use of the word "wax."

People looked at me funny when I started giggling, but whatever.

No comments: